I’m so very glad that you are here. Can you believe that Easter is this next week? Crazy, right? I made some amazing little Easter Bunny Tea Cakes that are just so cute. I’m going to share them with you today.
If you are anything like me, you just love all of the little details of making a holiday special for your family. These little tea cakes are so cute and they are easy to make.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granualted sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature-add a bit more if the cake batter is too stiff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter onto a wax paper lined sheet cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- Frost one side of cake.
- Put a cutout shape onto another frosted cutout shape, creating a ‘sandwich’.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 5 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream, room temperature
- Beat butter with mixer for five minutes.
- Add half of the confectioners sugar, beat at low for one minute, raise mixer speed to med-high for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the confectioners sugar, beat at low for one minute, raise mixer speed to med-high for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and heavy cream. Beat 3-5 minutes on med-high speed.
I hope that you enjoyed this post. Please follow us at Facebook.com/PeacockRidgeFarm.com, on Instagram @peacockridge, on Pinterest and YouTube.
Hugs and Blessings to you,